Analyst firms occasionally publish market reports with solution overview for Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) and Data Quality Management (DQM).
The publication schedule from the analyst firms can be unpredictable.
Information Difference is an exception. There have during the years every year been a Data Quality landscape named Q1 and published shortly after that quarter and an MDM landscape named Q2 and published shortly after that quarter. However, these reports are relying on participation from relevant vendors and not all vendors prioritize this scheme.
Forrester is quite unpredictable both with timing and which market segments (MDM, PIM, DQM) to be covered.
Gartner is a bit steadier. However, for example the MDM solution reports have been coming in varying intervals during the latest years.
Here is an overview of the latest major reports:
- March 2020: Forrester has published their Now Tech: Product Information Management, Q1 2020. Take away has not began surfacing yet, but I noticed that Contentserv and Dynamicweb PIM have posted, that they are recognized in this report.
- February 2020: Constellation Research published their latest MDM shortlist as reported in the post The Latest Constellation Research MDM Shortlist.
- January 2020: Gartner published their latest MDM Magic Quadrant as reported in the post The Latest MDM Magic Quadrant
- December 2019: IDC published their first PIM MarketScape as reported in the post The PIM Market as Seen by IDC.
- July 2019: Information Difference published their yearly MDM Landscape as reported in the post Movements in the MDM Vendor Landscape 2019.
- April 2019: Information Difference published their yearly DQM landscape as reported in the post Looking at The Data Quality Tool World with Different Metrics.
- March 2019: Gartner published their latest Data Quality Tool Magic Quadrant as reported in the post Data Quality Tools are Vital for Digital Transformation.
- March 2019: Forrester published their latest MDM Wave as reported in the post Toward the Third Generation of MDM.
- June 2018: Forrester published their PIM Wave as reported in the post There is no PIM quadrant, but there is a PIM wave.
Stay tuned on this blog to get the latest on analyst reports and news on market movements.