Some years ago the theme of Linked Data Quality was examined here on the blog.
As stated in the post a lot of product data is already out there waiting to be found, categorized, matched and linked.
Doing this is at the core of the Product Data Lake venture I am involved with. What we aim to do is linking product information stored using different taxonomies at trading partners, preferable by referencing international and industry standards as eCl@ss, ETIM, UNSPSC, Harmonized System, GPC and more.
Our approach is not to reinvent the wheel, but to collaborate with partners in the industry. This include:
- Experts within a type of product as building materials and sub-sectors in this industry, machinery, chemicals, automotive, furniture and home-ware, electronics, work clothes, fashion, books and other printed materials, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. You may be a specialist in certain standards for product data. As an ambassador you will link the taxonomy in use at two trading partners or within a larger business ecosystem.
- Product data cleansing specialists who have proven track records in optimizing product master data and product information. As an ambassador you will prepare the product data portfolio at a trading partner and extend the service to other trading partners or within a larger business ecosystem.
- System integrators who can integrate product data syndication flows into Product Information Management (PIM) and other solutions at trading partners and consult on the surrounding data quality and data governance issues. As an ambassador, you will enable the digital flow of product information between two trading partners or within a larger business ecosystem.
- Tool vendors who can offer in-house Product Information Management (PIM) / Master Data Management (MDM) solutions or similar solutions in the ERP and Supply Chain Management (SCM) sphere. As an ambassador you will able to provide, supplement or replace customer data portals at manufacturers and supplier data portals at merchants and thus offer truly automated and interactive product data syndication functionality.
- Technology providers with data governance solutions, data quality management solutions and Artificial Intelligence (AI) / machine learning capacities for classifying and linking product information to support the activities made by ambassadors and subscribers.
- Reservoirs, as Product Data Lake is a unique opportunity for service providers with product data portfolios (data pools and data portals) for utilizing modern data management technology and offer a comprehensive way of collecting and distributing product data within the business processes used by subscribers.
Become a Product Data lake ambassador!