There is a market for data quality tools and most of the tools on this market have been operating since before year 2k either still by an independent data quality tool provider or now as part of a data management suite.
The prominent market reports telling about the market with generic ranking of the solutions are from Gartner and Information Difference (and earlier on from Forrester, who though have not published a report on data quality tools for years now).
The latest Gartner report from March 2019 was examined in the post Data Quality Tools are Vital for Digital Transformation. Information Difference has their report available here: The Data Quality Landscape – Q1 2019.
As told in the post DQM Tools In and Around MDM Tools there are three main ways of providing Data Quality Management (DQM) capabilities: As an independent data quality tool, as part of a data management suite or inside an MDM platform. The data quality tool market reports encompasses the first two of three options (while the MDM solution market reports encompasses the latter two of three).
The data quality tools represented in the above-mentioned DQ markets reports are:
- Informatica, who acquired the veteran DQ service SSA-Name3, Similarity Systems and other DQ services, now part of the Informatica data management suite
- Experian, who acquired among others veteran DQ service QAS and also offers other solutions mainly related to credit check and fraud prevention
- Syncsort, who acquired veteran DQ service Trillium, recently also Pitney Bowes and also have some other data management services
- IBM, who acquired DQ services as Ascential now being part of a data management suite with several overlapping services
- SAP, who bought several DQ services now being part of the huge ERP/data management suite
- SAS Institute, who acquired Dataflux that now is part of the BI focused suite
- Talend, as part of a data management suite
- Oracle, who acquired veteran DQ service Datanomic and other DQ services now being part of the ERP/data management suite
- Information Builders, as part of a data management and BI suite
- Ataccama, together with MDM services
- Melissa, a veteran company in DQ
- Uniserv, a veteran company in DQ
- Innovative, a veteran company in DQ
- Datactics, a veteran company in DQ
- RedPoint Global
- BackOffice Associates, as part of a data governance focused solution
However, there are a lot of other data quality tools on the market.
PS: If you represent a vendor providing DQM capabilities as an independent data quality tool, as part of a data management suite or inside an MDM / PIM solution, you are welcome to register your solution on The Disruptive MDM / DQM List here.