The title of this blog post is also the title of a presentation I will do at the 2019 Data Governance and Information Quality Conference in San Diego, US in June.
There is a little difference between how we can exercise data governance and information quality management when we are handling data about products versus handling the most common data domain being party data (customer, vendor/supplier, employee and other roles).
This topic was touched here on the blog in the post called Data Quality for the Product Domain vs the Party Domain.
The conference session will go through these topics:
- Product master data vs. product information
- How Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) stick together
- The roles of 1st party data, 2nd party data and 3rd party data in MDM, PIM and DAM
- Business ecosystem wide product data management
- Cross company data governance and information quality alignment
You can have a look at the full agenda for the DGIQ 2019 Conference here.