While waiting in the unmanned reception (a result of removing waste, known as muda in Japanese, I guess) I had the chance to study the five posters hanging there with the main principles in The Toyota Way:
- Challenge: Form a long-term vision and meet challenges with courage and creativity.
- Kaizen (continuous improvement): Improve business operations continuously, always driving for innovation and evolution.
- Genchi Genbutsu (go and see): Go to the source to find the facts to make correct decisions, build consensus and achieve goals at best speed.
- Respect: Respect others. Make every effort to understand each other, take responsibility and do your best to build mutual trust.
- Teamwork: Stimulate personal and professional growth, share the opportunities of development and maximize individual and team performance.
What a great way to prepare for a meeting about data quality improvement.