I am currently a member of 40 LinkedIn groups mostly targeted at Master Data Management, Data Quality and Data Matching.
As I have noticed that some groups covers the same topic I wondered if they have the same members.
So I did a quick analysis.
With Master Data Management the largest groups seems to be:
- Master Data Management Interest Group with 2.818 members.
- MDM – Master Data Management with 2.333 members.
Using the LinkedIn Profile Organizer I found that 907 are members at both groups. This is not as many as I would have guessed.
With Data Quality the largest groups seems to be:
- Enterprise Data Quality with 784 members.
- The Data Quality Association (former European Data Quality Network) with 753 members.
Using the LinkedIn Profile Organizer I found that 189 are members at both groups. This is not as many as I would have guessed despite the renaming of the last group.
As for Data Matching I have founded the Data Matching group. The group has 235 members where:
- 77 are members in the two large Master Data Management groups also.
- 80 are members in the two large Data Quality groups also.
Also this is not as many as I would have guessed.
You may find many other similar groups on my LinkedIn profile – among them:
- Data Quality Pro.com with 252 members (main site has +2.000 members)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Data Quality (OCDQ) with 154 members (blog has heaps of visitors)