In my previous blog post “Multi-Purpose Data Quality” we examined a business challenge where we have multiple purposes with party master data.
The comments suggested some form of consolidation should be done with the data.
How do we do that?
I have made a PowerPoint show “Example process of consolidating master data” with a suggested way of doing that.
The process uses the party master data types explained here.
The next questions in solving our business challenge will include:
- Is it necessary to have master data in optimal shape real time – or is it OK to make periodic consolidation?
- How do we design processes for maintaining the master data when:
- New members and customers are inserted?
- We update existing members and customers?
- External reference data changes?
- What changes must be made with the existing applications handling the member database and the eShop?
Also the question of what style of Master Data Hub is suitable is indeed very common in these kinds of implementations.