Any implementation of a Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) and/or Data Quality Management (DQM) solution will need a business case to tell if the intended solution has a positive business outcome.
Prior to the solution selection you will typically have:
- Identified the vision and mission for the intended solution
- Nailed the pain points the solution is going to solve
- Framed the scope in terms of the organizational coverage and the data domain coverage
- Gathered the high-level requirements for a possible solution
- Estimated the financial results achieved if the solution removes the pain points within the scope and adhering to the requirements
The solution selection (jump-starting with the Disruptive MDM / PIM / DQM Select Your Solution service) will then inform you about the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of the best fit solution(s).
From here you can, put very simple, calculate the Return of Investment (ROI) by withdrawing the TCO from the estimated financial results.
You can check out more inspiration about ROI and other business case considerations on The Disruptive MDM / PIM /DQM Resource List.