Many analyst market reports in the Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) and Data Quality Management (DQM) space have a generic ranking of the vendors.
The trouble with generic ranking is that one size does not fit all.
On the sister site to this blog, The Disruptive MDM / PIM / DQM List, there is no generic ranking. Instead there is a service where you can provide your organization’s context, scope and requirements and within 2 to 48 hours get Your Solution List.
The selection model includes these elements:
- Your context in terms of geographical reach and industry sector.
- Your scope in terms of data domains to be covered and organizational scale stretching from specific business units over enterprise-wide to business ecosystem wide (interenterprise).
- Your specific requirements covering the main capabilities that differentiate the vendors on market.
- Vendor capabilities.
- A model that combines those facts into a rectangle where you can choose to:
- Go ahead with a Proof of Concept with the best fit vendor
- Make an RFP with the best fit vendors in a shortlist
- Examine a longlist of best fit vendors and other alternatives like combining more than one solution.