Until now my venture called Product Data Lake has been a rather technical quest. As with most start-ups the first years have been around building the actual software (in our case facilitated by Larion Computing in Vietnam), adjusting the market fit and run numerous trials with interested parties.
Now it is time to go to market for real. I am happy that another Henrik has joined as CEO and will emphasize on leading the marketing, sales and financial activities.
While I will be concentrating on the product strategy and product management activities it is time to recap the business outcomes we want our subscribers and partners to achieve. Let me express those towards three kinds of business partners:
Manufacturers and brand owners:
On the upstream side of Product Data Lake our goal is to let you as a manufacturer and/or brand owner:
- Sell more: Your re-sellers will have the most complete, accurate and timely product information in front of their customers.
- Reduce costs: Push your product information in one uniform way and let your re-sellers pull it in their many ways.
Our concept, using emerging technologies within Product Data Lake, will free you from applying many different solutions to providing product information to your re-sellers. You will avoid errors. You will be able to automate the processes and you will be easy to do business with in the eyes of your trading partners.
The people who will use your products want to get complete product information when making the buying decision wherever they are in the supply chain.
You can follow the news stream for this on our LinkedIn showcase page called Product Data Push.
Merchants (dealers and retailers):
On the downstream side of Product Data Lake our goal is to let you as a merchant (dealer or retailer) gain substantial business outcome.
- You will sell more by having the most complete, accurate and timely product information in front of your online customers when they make self-service buying decisions.
- You will reduce costs as you can pull product information in one uniform way and let your suppliers push it in their many ways. Hereby you can automate the processes, avoid errors and reduce product returns.
Our solution, using emerging technologies within Product Data Lake, will make you be easy to do business with in the eyes of your suppliers and make your product information transform into a powerful weapon in the quest for winning more online market share.
The people who may buy your product range deserves to know all about it and wants to get that information when making the buying decision. Remember: 81 % of visitors will leave a web-shop with incomplete product information.
You can follow the news stream for this on our LinkedIn showcase page called Product Data Pull.
Technology and service partners:
Ambassadors at Product Data Lake can sign up subscribers, assisting these subscribers in uploading their relevant product information portfolio to Product Data Lake and assisting these subscribers in linking their product information with the product information at their trading partners. As an ambassador, you will:
- Have the opportunity to work with a big data solution within Product Information Management.
- Have the opportunity to make data mapping and/or data integration services and cross-sell of other services for subscribers in a whole supply ecosystem.
- Get 25 % kickback on new subscriptions in a potentially exponentially growing subscriber base in supply ecosystems
As Reservoir you can bring new life into product data portals and pools. Product Data Lake is a unique opportunity for service providers with product data portfolios for utilizing modern data management technology and offer a comprehensive way of linking, collecting and distributing product data within the business processes used by subscribers. Signing up as reservoir is free.
The linking theme also related to applying artificial intelligence / machine learning to mapping between the different product information taxonomies in use at trading partners, where we collaborate with business partners who provide such capabilities.
You can follow the news stream for this on our LinkedIn showcase page called Product Data Link.