As part of my work I deal with data from different countries. In the below figure I have put in some examples of different presentations of the same data from some of the countries I meet the most being Denmark (DK), Germany (DE), France (FR), United States (US) and United Kingdom (GB):
I have some more information on the issues regarding the different attributes:
- Date formats are discussed in the post 1/1/11
- Address formats are mentioned in the posts Compound Words and Having the right element to the left
- Decimal marks are discussed in the post How long is a Marathon
- Names are mentioned in the post What’s in a Given Name
- Driving on the wrong side is mentioned in the unpublished damage report related to my UK car rental experience.