As reported by Mark Goloboy here ”Data Quality” is becoming a dirty word. ”Information Quality” is in vogue.
Maybe I will soon have to change the name of my blog?
Also one may expect other related terms will be changed, like:
- Data Governance becomes Information Governance
- Master Data Management becomes Master Information Management
- Data Matching becomes Information Matching
- Data Warehouse becomes Information Warehouse
- Database becomes Informationbase
- Information Technology becomes Data Technology
But changing the name of a blog is a serious thing you shouldn’t do too often. I think I will wait and see if the term renaming stops at simply replacing data and information. Some guesses for further renaming:
Information Fitness replaces Data Quality as Data quality is often defined as “fit for intended purpose of use” and by replacing data with information that trail is even more clear – opposed to the other trail being real world alignment.
Information Political Correctness replaces Data Governance as Data Governance is a lot about policies and the Data Governance practice is a lot about maneuvering in the corporate political landscape.
Master Information Technology (MIT) replaces Master Data Management (MDM)