Why are we launching Product Data Lake?
Sharing product data within business ecosystems has grown dramatically during the last years driven by the increased use of ecommerce and other customer self-service sales approaches.
Most initiatives around handling product data has been focused on internal processes and technology, and there are many viable solutions for that today. However, we have not seen many solutions that solves the problems in the exchange zones between trading partners.
Most companies participating in cross company supply chains uses spreadsheets for exchanging product data. Doing that is very cumbersome, error-prone and does in most cases not provide the needed data quality for having self-service ready product data.
Product Data Lake is the solution to end the hailstorms of spreadsheets and automate the sharing of product data.
What is Product Data Lake?
Product Data Lake is a cloud service for sharing product data in the business ecosystems of manufacturers, distributors, merchants, marketplaces and large end users of product information.
Product Data Lake ensures:
- Completeness of product information by enabling trading partners to exchange product data in a uniform way
- Timeliness of product information by connecting trading partners in a process driven way
- Conformity of product information by encompassing various international standards for product information
- Consistency of product information by allowing upstream trading partners and downstream trading partners to interact with in-house structure of product information
- Accuracy of product information by ensuring transparency of product information across the supply chain
Find out more here.Get involved:
Join the intersection of Big Data and Product Information Management (PIM):
- As a manufacturer, utilize our Black Friday 2017 Product Data Push offer.
- As a merchant, utilize our Black Friday 2017 Product Data Pull offer.
- Become a Product Data Lake ambassador, if you work with Product Information Management (PIM) services
- Sign up to (and/or learn more about) Product Data Lake here.
Or get in contact right away: